Before the current onset of social media and self video publishing, BMX went through its own sort of DIY renaissance in the mid-to-late 90’s and 2000’s, where riders took the industry into their own hands – doing their own events, their own media, their own bicycle companies – and for the first time on such a level, doing it all really well. For many this is the Golden Era of BMX.
With dirt jumping, skateparks and street riding in full bloom, Props was born to cover what was to be an era of the most creative, motivated, talented and gnarly BMX riding to date. As riders themselves, their unique approach to media brought a Video Magazine to the people, showcasing and highlighting everything from the biggest events to most remote underground riders and scenes.
Through participation on all levels, Props fostered some of the most inspired years in BMX, helping steer a movement of young people to appreciate the dedication, skills, hard work and the arts involved in the BMX lifestyle, which has and will inspire generations to come. – Steve Crandall / FBM
- All Video Magazine Issues 1 – 78 (1994-2011), all 20 Year End Best Of’s & all Credits Compilations
- All Special Releases – including Groundwork, Euroscene, Passports, Metrojam & Owned
- Over 100 bonus sections aggregated from Issues & Special Releases
- All original commercials included in every Issue
- Bonus videos from Props’ founders – including “A Few Good Men” and “Baco 5”
- Beautiful 1080p motion menus featuring high res photo loops
- Chapter select pop-up menus for every video in the box set
- All videos sourced from 1st-gen analog and/or digital masters
- Nearly 120 hours of high quality H.264-encoded content
- Dolby Digital Professional audio
- Mid-school bible with over 20 years of BMX history, progression & Props-style documentation
- Over an hour of new “Remembering Props” interviews with Van Homan, Steve Crandall, Chris Doyle, Rick Moliterno, Dave Freimuth, Darryl Nau, Leigh Ramsdell, Lou Capparelli, Aaron Behnke & Micah Kranz
- Digitally re-mastered Issue 23 (Road Fools 1) plus crew interviews & bonus sections
- Nearly a dozen hidden Easter eggs, including full-length videos, bonus sections & special edits
Collector’s Edition Packaging
- Original artwork created by Eben Fischer
- Custom double-walled library case with internal printing
- Two Viva Elite Blu-ray cases that complete front and back images when put together
- Five professionally duplicated dual-layer Blu-ray discs
- Printed back cover card with words by Steve Crandall and box set contents (can be stored in library case)
- Two 12-page booklets cataloging the contents of the box set and menu instructions
- 11″ x 7″ sticker sheet of 10 die-cut Props logos printed with metallic gold & silver inks
- 17” x 21” color poster with every video cover in the box set
- 1″ x 5″ black and metallic silver Props sticker
Value & Longevity of the Box Set
- Retail cost of included videos when originally released was over $2,000
- Over 20 years of BMX history stored on durable Blu-ray discs
- Awesome extras including the sticker sheet and large poster
- 18 months spent putting this project together
- Attention to detail in every phase of production and design
Limited edition…once it sells out it’s gone.
Insane 120 hours of content!
Check out the Props Boxset Database here.